Reopening the School
The safety of students, teachers and the community is our priority. We are currently examining ways of re-opening safely. We hope to be able to make an announcement soon. We thank everyone for their patience.
Congratulations to Finalists in the Shirley Hannan Portrait Prize!
JAAS Alumni Finalists;
Sally Ryan with two entries!
Congratulations to students, teachers and alumni who are finalists and semi-finalist in the Lethbridge Art Award:
Rachel Pinel, Sally Ryan, Vicki Bosworth, Kalinda Witchey, Colleen Stapleton, Marcus Callum, Nicholas Chen, Phil Went, Elizabeth Austin, Jessica Guthrie
Sally Ryan, Marie Mansfield, Marin Loo, Sue Macleode-Beere, Janelle Hatherley, James Stephenson
The show opens officially tomorrow, view and purchase the works here.
Also Congratulations to students, teachers and alumni who are finalists in the Percival Portrait Prize:
Colleen Stapleton, Michael Simms, Phil Went and Sean Hutton. Here is a link to a virtual walk through of the gallery;
Congratulations to this years winners – it was, according to the judges, a very difficult selection due to the exceptional high standards!
- Anna Terrey
- Rei Tresler
- Phil Went
- John Brown
- Jenna Drummond
- Mary Porter
- Kerry White
- Sir William Dobell Scholarship – Swathi Madike
- John Olsen Scholarship – Xeni Kusumitra
- Brett Whitely Scholarship – Sandra Brand
- Sydney Mechanics School of Arts Scholarship – Veronica Colvin
- Sydney Mechanics School of Arts Part Time Scholarship – Mei Sui Ong
- William Fletcher Scholarship – Kalinda Witchey
- The Phillip Muskett Prize (Sponsored by Parkers Galleries) – Vittoria Viecelli
- The Marjorie Santow Award (Sponsored by Parkers Galleries) – Andrea Andrejas
- The Joshua Smith Prize (Sponsored by Yve Close) – Mary Porter
- The Richard and Wenda Ashton Prize (Sponsored by Parkers Galleries) – Vittoria Viecelli
- The David Wilson Award – John Brown
- The Sydney Long Watercolour Prize – Stephen Malone
- The Jocelyn Maughan Drapery Prize – Sandra Brand
The Julian Ashton Art School Teachers and Students end of year exhibition is a fantastic show of the work being done by both teachers and students. It attracts a high standard of work across a range of genres, coinciding with a number of highly sought after prizes and scholarships.
The Exhibition will be held at the Sydney Mechanics’ School of Arts, Level 1, 280 Pitt St, Sydney.
The exhibition opening hours will be midday to 2 PM weekdays from Monday the 25th of November until Thursday the 5th of December.